Nightmares have long terrified and mystified us, and historically they have been interpreted as omens, the work of demons, or sources of self-knowledge. In recent years, more therapists are using what is known as “scripting or dream mastery,” a technique that a doctor at the P.T.S.D. Sleep Clinic at the Maimonides Sleep Arts and Sciences center helped develop. Patients with severe sleeping problems can learn to control their dreams and replace unwelcome or terrifying images with ones that are pleasant or harmless.
Barry Krakow, M.D.
Barry Krakow, MD is a board certified internist and sleep disorders specialist, who has spent 25 years in medicine in the fields of internal medicine, emergency medicine, addiction medicine, and sleep medicine.
- A new approach to treating restless leg syndrome and periodic leg movement disorder May 15, 2018
- A guaranteed wave of the future – Research ideas to improve the home sleep test and APAP model May 10, 2018
- So Long to Solo Practice Medicine May 8, 2018
- The Southern Sleep Society 2018 (Part II) – Dr. Krakow’s lectures on PTSD and CPAP compliance gain attention among top sleep professionals. May 3, 2018
- The Southern Sleep Society 2018 – Dr. Krakow’s lectures on PTSD and CPAP compliance gain attention among top sleep professionals. May 1, 2018
- Increasing Compliance with Advanced PAP Therapy in PTSD Patients April 26, 2018
- The Mode Less Traveled: Revisiting Advanced PAP in PTSD Patients April 24, 2018
- Totally CPAP by Dr. Steven Park: Part X (Final Words, Thoughts and Controversies) April 19, 2018
- Totally CPAP by Dr. Steven Park: Part IX (CPAP Success Program and Where to Begin) April 17, 2018
- Totally CPAP by Dr. Steven Park: Part VIII (Surgical Options) February 27, 2018