Her car is racing at a terrifying speed through the streets of a large city, and something gruesome, something with giant eyeballs, is chasing her, closing in fast. It was a dream, of course, and after Emily Gurule, a 50-year-old high school teacher, related it to Dr. Barry Krakow, he did not ask her to unpack its symbolism. He simply told her to think of a new one. â€œIn your mind, with thinking and picturing, take a few minutes, close your eyes, and I want you to change the dream any way you wish,â€ said Krakow, founder of the PTSD Sleep Clinic at the Maimonides Sleep Arts and Sciences center in Albuquerque and a leading researcher of nightmares. And so …
Barry Krakow, M.D.
Barry Krakow, MD is a board certified internist and sleep disorders specialist, who has spent 25 years in medicine in the fields of internal medicine, emergency medicine, addiction medicine, and sleep medicine.
- Sleep Factors and Suicide: Observations from the 2018 SLEEP Conference August 30, 2018
- Sleep & Psychiatry Symposium – A recap of detailed lectures July 4, 2018
- Sleep Center Models of Care (part II) – Newer models of care and natural conclusions June 20, 2018
- Sleep Center Models of Care – advantageous or outdated? May 30, 2018
- A new approach to treating restless leg syndrome and periodic leg movement disorder May 15, 2018
- A guaranteed wave of the future – Research ideas to improve the home sleep test and APAP model May 10, 2018
- So Long to Solo Practice Medicine May 8, 2018
- The Southern Sleep Society 2018 (Part II) – Dr. Krakow’s lectures on PTSD and CPAP compliance gain attention among top sleep professionals. May 3, 2018
- The Southern Sleep Society 2018 – Dr. Krakow’s lectures on PTSD and CPAP compliance gain attention among top sleep professionals. May 1, 2018
- Increasing Compliance with Advanced PAP Therapy in PTSD Patients April 26, 2018