Her car is racing at a terrifying speed through the streets of a large city, and something gruesome, something with giant eyeballs, is chasing her, closing in fast. It was a dream, of course, and after Emily Gurule, a 50-year-old high school teacher, related it to Dr. Barry Krakow, he did not ask her to unpack its symbolism. He simply told her to think of a new one. â€œIn your mind, with thinking and picturing, take a few minutes, close your eyes, and I want you to change the dream any way you wish,â€ said Krakow, founder of the PTSD Sleep Clinic at the Maimonides Sleep Arts and Sciences center in Albuquerque and a leading researcher of nightmares. And so …
Barry Krakow, M.D.
Barry Krakow, MD is a board certified internist and sleep disorders specialist, who has spent 25 years in medicine in the fields of internal medicine, emergency medicine, addiction medicine, and sleep medicine.
- A new approach to treating restless leg syndrome and periodic leg movement disorder May 15, 2018
- A guaranteed wave of the future – Research ideas to improve the home sleep test and APAP model May 10, 2018
- So Long to Solo Practice Medicine May 8, 2018
- The Southern Sleep Society 2018 (Part II) – Dr. Krakow’s lectures on PTSD and CPAP compliance gain attention among top sleep professionals. May 3, 2018
- The Southern Sleep Society 2018 – Dr. Krakow’s lectures on PTSD and CPAP compliance gain attention among top sleep professionals. May 1, 2018
- Increasing Compliance with Advanced PAP Therapy in PTSD Patients April 26, 2018
- The Mode Less Traveled: Revisiting Advanced PAP in PTSD Patients April 24, 2018
- Totally CPAP by Dr. Steven Park: Part X (Final Words, Thoughts and Controversies) April 19, 2018
- Totally CPAP by Dr. Steven Park: Part IX (CPAP Success Program and Where to Begin) April 17, 2018
- Totally CPAP by Dr. Steven Park: Part VIII (Surgical Options) February 27, 2018